Twenty-four (24) players have been handed call-ups to the National U23 (Black Meteors) camp as the team prepares for the 2019 U-23 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Gabon on March 23 and 26 in Accra and Libreville respectively.
The players are expected to report at the M-Plaza Hotel at 4:00pm on Wednesday February 27.
The technical team will announce a second batch of players to join the team before the final squad for the qualifier are selected.
Assistant coach Michael Osei is expected to lead the Black Meteors when training begins at El-Wak Stadium on Thursday. He will hold the fort until head coach Ibrahim Tanko returns on a scouting duty in Europe for the senior national team, the Black Stars.
Ghana hammered Togo 5-2 on aggregate in the first round of the qualifiers.
The third and final round to determine the seven nations to join hosts Egypt at the quadrennial competition is planned for June 3 to 11, 2019.
- Kwame Baah (GK) – Unattached
- Richmond Ayi (GK) – Hearts of Oak
- Danlad Ibrahim (GK) – Asante Kotoko
- Abdul Nassiru Hamzah – Inter Allies
- William Dankyi – Hearts of Oak
- Maxwell Arthur – Dreams FC
- Montari Kamaheni – Dreams FC
- Yakubu Ibrahim – Dreams FC.
- Eric Owusu – Bechem United
- Ibrahim Moro – Karela FC
- Zakaria Fuseini – Berekum Chelsea
- Braimah Foster – Berekum Chelsea
- Emmanuel Cudjoe – Attram Visser Football Academy
- Alhassan Ouattara – Medeama SC.
- Tahiru Awudu – Medeama SC
- Simon Zibo – Liberty Professionals
- Elvis Kyei Baffour – Liberty Professionals
- Philip Awudu Gemeli – Okyeman Planners
- Prosper Ahiabu – WAFA SC
- Daniel Lomotey – WAFA SC
- Emmanuel Sarpong – Star Madrid
- Emmanuel Kumah – Mighty Jets
- Ebo Gyasi – Ebusua Dwarfs
- Caleb Amankwaa – Aduana Stars