Ghana’s U-20 women’s team, the Black Princesses have made the final shortlist for the Women’s National Team of the Year at the Caf Awards gala.
Yusif Basigi’s side remained in the race after Monday’s final three-man shortlist was announced at a ceremony in Accra.
Their competitors are Nigeria’s U-20 and the senior national team of South Africa.
Kenya and Zimbabwe were evicted from the preliminary list announced last month.
The Princesses were selected after their smooth run in the qualifiers of the 2018 FIFA U20 Women World Cup finals.
The winner will be decided by votes from the members of the CAF Technical & Development Committee, CAF Media Experts Panel and Independent Media and TV Consultants.
The Awards Gala will take place on Thursday, 4 January 2018 in Accra, Ghana.
Below are the top three (Nominees are listed in alphabetical order);
African Player of the Year
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Dortmund)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
Women’s Player of the Year
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dalian Quanjian)
- Chrestina Kgatlana (South Africa & UWC Ladies)
- Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene(Cameroon & CSKA Moscow)
Youth Player of the Year
- Krepin Diatta (Senegal & Sarpsborg)
- Patson Daka (Zambia & Liefering)
- Salam Giddou (Mali & Guidars)
Coach of the Year
- Gernot Rohr (Nigeria)
- Hector Cuper (Egypt)
- L’Hussein Amoutta (Wydad Athletic Club)
Club of the Year
- Al Ahly
- TP Mazembe
- Wydad Athletic Club
National Team of the Year
Women’s National Team of the Year
- Ghana U-20
- Nigeria U-20
- South Africa